La Crosse, WI 54601
Love + medicine is who we are, it's what we do, it's why people want to work here. If you’re looking for a job to love, apply today.
Schedule Weekly Hours:20
Gundersen is HIRING IMMEDIATELY for part-time, and on-call Environmental Assistants! Flexible schedules for 1st, 2nd, and 3rd shifts that fit your lifestyle!
- 1st shift offers the hours of 7:00AM to 3:30PM, Monday through Friday and every other weekend; every other holiday required.
- 2nd shift offers the hours of 3:00PM - 11:30PM, Monday through Friday and every other weekend; every other holiday required.
- 3rd shift offers the hours of 11 PM - 7:30 AM, Sunday through Thursday and every other weekend; every other holiday required.
Starting pay at $15.00 an hour and includes an excellent benefits package!
Shift differentials of $.75 PM's, $1.75 nights and $1.50 weekends available!
These positions offer an 8/80 overtime computation.
The Environmental Assistant is responsible for providing all cleaning services and indirect patient care. The Environmental Assistants are responsible to maintain all facilities in a neat, clean, safe, and sanitary environment by disinfecting. mopping, vacuuming, dusting and wiping surfaces, fixtures, and furnishings.
1. Works collaboratively with health care team members to provide waste disposal and cleaning services to ensure facilities are well maintained by planning, prioritizing, and organizing services while providing excellent customer service. Meeting Department Quality Standards.
2. Works with Environmental Services supervisor on controlling cost, planning, scheduling, and system changes in order to maintain an efficient, cost effective department.
3. Work with department management to establish department and professional goals
4. Demonstrates dependability, problem solving, team building skills, organizational skills, and effective use of time by setting priorities to complete delegated work in accordance with Competency Based Orientation and unit guidelines.
5. Reports all incidents, maintenance, housekeeping, and painting issues to Environmental Services supervisor.
6. Completes annual required compliance training, and all mandatory education
7. Provides indirect patient care by cleaning and making patient beds on discharge, stocking of PPE baskets, and general cleaning of all rooms.Ordering, Stocking and rotation of cleaning supplies
8. Follows safety guidelines related to body mechanics, use of hazardous materials, and personal protective equipment. Maintains a safe work environment.
9. Performs other job related responsibilities as approved by Environmental Services management.
Education and Learning:
REQUIRED No education required
DESIRED High School Diploma or equivalency
REQUIRED No experience required.
DESIRED 1 year Healthcare Environmental Services experience
Age Specific Population Served:
Nonage Specific (N/A)
Category I - All Employees in this job title have a reasonably anticipated risk of occupational exposure to blood and/or other potentially infectious materials.
Exposed to infectious diseases. Subject to hazards.
Physical Requirements/Demands Of The Position:
Walking/Standing Continually (67-100% or 8 hours)
Stooping/Bending Frequently (34-66% or 5.5 hours)
Squatting Frequently (34-66% or 5.5 hours)
Kneeling/Half Kneel Frequently (34-66% or 5.5 hours)
Climbing Stair Occasionally (6-33% or 3 hours)
Climbing Ladder Rarely (1-5% or .5 hours) Reaching - Shoulder Level Frequently (34-66% or 5.5 hours)
Reaching - Below Shoulder Frequently (34-66% or 5.5 hours)
Reaching - Above Shoulder Occasionally (6-33% or 3 hours)
Repetitive Actions - Pinch Forces Frequently (34-66% or 5.5 hours) Pounds of force 25-50
Repetitive Actions - Grip Forces Frequently (34-66% or 5.5 hours) Pounds of force 25-50
Lifting - Floor to Waist Frequently (34-66% or 5.5 hours) Number of lbs 0-25
Lifting - Waist to Overhead Rarely (1-5% or .5 hours) Number of lbs 0-25
Lifting - Other Frequently (34-66% or 5.5 hours) Number of lbs 0-25
Push/Pull (Static Force) Frequently (34-66% or 5.5 hours) Number of lbs 0-25
If you need assistance with any portion of the application or have questions about the position, please contact [email protected] or call 608-775-0267
Equal Opportunity Employer