At Gundersen Health System Sports Medicine, we understand the need and drive to resume physical activity as soon as possible following an injury. Our multidisciplinary team of fellowship-trained sports medicine physicians, orthopedic surgeons, sports physical therapists and certified athletic trainers offer comprehensive sports medicine care for patients of all ages including:
Our team of experts will help you return to your active lifestyle and compete in sports at your highest potential.
Conditions we treat
Treatments we offer
- Hip arthroscopy: procedure using a small camera to inspect and repair damage in the hip
- Knee ACL reconstruction: a treatment to repair a complete tear of a knee ligament that results in instability in the knee
- Knee distal patellar realignment: realigning the kneecap to improve its tracking by cutting, tightening or moving soft tissue in the knee
- Knee partial menisectomy or meniscus repair: trimming or repairing the torn edges of the meniscus to eliminate torn pieces that can cause knee pain, swelling and locking
- Shoulder labral repairs (SLAP or Bankart): procedure to reattach the labrum using surgical anchors or sutures and repairing other damage to the shoulder
- Shoulder rotator cuff repair: procedure to repair the shoulder including shaving off bone spurs that are pinching the shoulder, or repairing torn tendons or muscles in the shoulder
Sports Medicine is a department of Gundersen Lutheran Medical Center.