Chicken salsa soup recipe
Makes 9 servings (about 1 cup each)
- 2 Tbsp. butter
- ½ tsp. minced garlic
- 3 cups cooked chicken breast, shredded
- 2 (14.5 oz.) cans chicken broth
- 2 (14.5 oz.) cans stewed tomatoes
- 1 cup black bean and corn salsa
- ½ cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 Tbsp. ground cumin
- 2 chicken bouillon cubes
In a slow cooker, sauté butter and garlic on high setting. Turn to low setting and add remaining ingredients. Cook for eight to 10 hours, stirring occasionally. Serve hot.
Nutrition analysis per serving: 140 calories, 5 g fat, 14 g protein, 7 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 740 mg sodium
**Can be topped with tortilla chips, low-fat cheese or low-fat sour cream. Toppings not included in nutritional analysis.