Makes 8 servings
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- 2 lbs. oyster mushrooms, shredded or pulled into strips
- 2 medium onions, thinly sliced
- 2 jalapeno peppers, seeded and thinly sliced
- 2 green bell peppers, seeded and thinly sliced
- 1 cup BBQ sauce
- ¼ cup apple cider vinegar
- 1 tsp. chili powder
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- ½ tsp. dried thyme
- 8 buns
In large skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add onions and peppers and sauté 7-10 minutes until soft and beginning to brown. Add mushrooms and cook until soft. Add remaining ingredients and cook on low 10-15 minutes (or longer if desired), stirring as needed. Serve on a bun.
NOTE: This recipe can be made in a slow cooker. Add all ingredients at once, cook on low for 4-6 hours.
Nutrition analysis per serving: 350 calories, 5 g fat, 67 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 14 g protein, 660 mg sodium
How to get more vitamin C
Do juice cleanses really work?
Fresh ideas for fruit
Fruit and yogurt parfaits