Makes 6 servings
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 2 medium carrots, finely chopped
- 1 large zucchini, finely chopped
- 8 ounces mushrooms, finely chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- ½ cup red cooking wine
- 1 can (28 ounces) crushed tomatoes, undrained
- 1 can (14.5 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
- ½ c. grated parmesan cheese
- ½ tsp. dried oregano
- ½ tsp. pepper
- 1/8 tsp. crushed red pepper flakes
- Dash of nutmeg
- 4 ½ cups uncooked whole wheat rigatoni pasta
In a 6-qt. stockpot coated with cooking spray, heat oil over medium high heat. Add onion and carrots, cook until tender. Add zucchini, mushrooms, and garlic; cook and stir until tender. Stir in wine; bring to a boil and cook until liquid is almost evaporated.
Stir in crushed tomatoes and diced tomatoes, cheese, and seasonings. Bring to a boil, then reduce to a simmer. Cover and simmer for 25-30 minutes or until slightly thickened.
While mixture is simmering, cook rigatoni in another pot according to package directions; drain. Serve hot pasta with sauce.
Nutrition analysis per serving: 390 calories, 6 grams fat, 9 gram fiber, 14 grams protein, 64 grams carbohydrate, 831 mg sodium
Is dark chocolate good for you?
Chocolate cherry baked oatmeal recipe
Do juice cleanses really work?
How to get more vitamin C