Mexican chicken quinoa bowl recipe
Makes 4 servings
- 2 cups cooked quinoa
- 2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 4 tsp. taco seasoning
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 small red bell pepper, stem and core removed, sliced thin
- 1 small red onion, peeled and sliced thin
- 1 (15-oz.) can whole kernel corn, drained
- 1 Tbsp. finely-chopped cilantro
- 1 Tbsp. lime juice
- 1 tsp. cumin
- 1 tsp. chili powder
- ½ cup salsa
- 1 (15-oz.) can black beans, drained and rinsed
Rub two tablespoons of taco seasoning evenly over each side of chicken breast.
Heat one tablespoon of oil in pan over medium-high heat.
Add chicken breasts and cook for about five minutes per side until the chicken is cooked through. Let chicken cool for five minutes, and then cut into bite-sized cubes.
Heat other tablespoon of oil in pan over medium heat and add pepper and one small onion. Sauté for four to five minutes, or until soft. Remove from heat.
Combine corn, cilantro, lime juice, cumin, salsa and black beans. Set aside.
Portion quinoa between four serving bowls and add chicken, peppers and onions and corn salsa. Serve immediately, garnishing each bowl with a lime wedge or guacamole if desired.
Nutrition analysis per serving: 485 calories, 13 g fat, 26 g protein, 70 g carbohydrates, 12 g fiber, 705 mg sodium