Fruity granola recipe
Makes 15 servings.
⅔ cups old-fashioned rolled oats
½ cup pistachios
¼ cup pecans
¼ cup slivered almonds
¾ cup unsweetened shredded coconut
⅓ cup olive oil
⅓ cup brown sugar
⅓ cup pure maple syrup
½ cup dried cherries
½ cup chopped apricots
- Preheat the oven to 300 degrees F. Line a 9x13 baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, toss together the rolled oats, nuts and unsweetened shredded coconut. In a smaller bowl, combine oil, brown sugar and syrup.
- Pour this mixture over the dry ingredients and stir until evenly coated.
- Spread the granola evenly on the baking sheet.
- Bake for a total of 45 minutes, stirring every 15 minutes so it doesn’t burn or cook too much on one side.
- Granola is done when it is golden brown. Let it cool on the countertop for 1-2 hours. Once cooled, mix the dried fruit.
- Store in an airtight container at room temperature for up to a week. Enjoy over yogurt for a quick breakfast or snack!
Nutrition analysis per serving: 250 calories, 13 g fat, 4 g protein, 31 g carbohydrates, 3 g fiber, 20 mg sodium