Drive for Hope
Save the date for Monday, June 7, 2021. Our annual Drive for Hope will be different, but one thing remains the same: the dollars raised at this event make a difference.
- Lung cancer kills more people than breast, pancreatic, and prostate cancer combined, yet these cancers receive an average of 5.4 times more research funding per life lost.
- Lung cancer is the leading cause of cancer death, regardless of gender or ethnicity, taking almost 155,000 American lives each year.
- Lung cancer is often called the "disease of smokers," yet as many as 20% of people who die from lung cancer have never smoked.
- There is hope! Until recently, there has been no screening tool for this disease and most cancers were diagnosed in the late stages. With the implementation of computed tomography screening, early-stage cancer diagnosis is anticipated to rise, substantially increasing survival rates.
Drive for Hope is a 4-person-scramble. Entry fee is $125 per person and includes a grab-n-go lunch, 18-hole green fees, cart, special gift, hole event prizes, trophies for winning teams, and a team photo. Masks are required at gathering points.
- 10:30 a.m.: Registration opens, warm up on the driving range. Opportunity to purchase mulligans, enjoy a cold beverage.
- 11:30 a.m.: Grab-n-go lunch
- Noon: 18-hole golf scramble (shotgun start)
- 5 p.m.: Party at the 19th hole! Enjoy a beverage, live music, and other fundraising actives on site.
For additional information, please contact Tia Sneath at email@example.com or (608) 775-6600.