24-hour Nurse Line
24 hours a day, 7 days a week
Free and confidential, no matter where you receive healthcare
If you have an urgent, but non-emergency medical situation and need professional advice, Gundersen Health System's Telephone Nurse Advisors will talk with you about your symptoms and help you determine proper care for your illness or injury. Our experienced registered nurses can also supply health and wellness information along with education on specific diseases.
What conditions do telephone nurses treat?
- Minor illnesses and injuries
- No question is too minor; no concern is too small
What services do telephone nurses offer?
- Assess your symptoms
- Direct you to the right level of care
- Give you advice on treating your symptoms at home
- Help you determine where or if you need to be seen by a doctor
- Provide free and confidential information and education
- Share preventative measures or health information on a specific topic
- Offer health and wellness information
- Provide translation services that are available for non-English speaking callers
- Offer TTY/TTD access for hearing impaired