Gundersen Moundview Visitor Guidelines as of June 1
As we continue our safe approach to resuming in-person procedures and appointments, we have updated our visitor guidelines.
Clinic, Emergency, Surgery & Outpatient Guidelines
- Adult and pediatric patients who have clinic, emergency, surgery and outpatient appointments may bring one (1) support person, 16 years or older, to their appointment.
- Please Note: We have limited waiting room space. To ensure proper social distancing, we encourage persons accompanying adult patients to wait in their vehicles after dropping the patient off unless they are needed for communication/assistance during the appointment. Arrangements can be made to call the support person when the patient is ready to leave.
- Adult patients, excluding COVID-19 patients, are allowed one (1) visitor over the age of 18 per 24-hour period. The identified visitor must register daily and wear a visitor sticker.
- Pediatric patients may have two (2) support persons.
- Approved support persons are encouraged to remain in the patient's room. They must wear a face covering at all times.
- COVID-19 Positive Patients:
- Adult COVID-19 patients are not allowed to have visitors.
- Pediatric COVID-19 patients may have one support person per 24 hours. The person must wear a mask at all times and cannot leave the room.
- End of life exceptions:
- Up to three visitors allowed for end-of-life situations approved. Visitors are asked to stay in the patient's room except when entering or exiting the building.
- Processes are also in place to offer communication utilizing available iPad technology.
- Patients, support people and visitors must wear a cloth face covering. There are no exceptions. Coverings are needed for everyone, including Gundersen staff.
- Everyone entering the facility will be asked if they are experiencing symptoms related to COVID-19 and have their temperature taken.
- Symptoms include 100.0 F temperature, cough, shortness of breath, unexplained body aches.
- If you are feeling sick, please CALL us at (608) 339-3331 before coming in. For after-hours questions and care, call Gundersen's Telephone Nurse Advisors at (800) 858-1050.
- Allow at least six feet between themselves and others, even when wearing a face covering.
- No visitors are allowed who have had a COVID-19 diagnosis in the last 14 days.
- Support persons, visitors and healthcare decision makers who are currently experiencing or experienced any COVID-19 symptoms within the last 14 days (fever, cough or shortness of breath) are not permitted.
- Building entrances continue to be limited to ensure appropriate patient and visitor screening.
Visitor guidelines are continuously evaluated and may be updated as the COVID-19 response evolves locally, regionally, and nationally. Our policies continue to be in line with state and national guidelines to help prevent the spread of COVID-19. Visit gundersenhealth.org/covid19 for more information.