Minutes in Motion 2020
Free six-week community physical activity challenge. Besides the payoff of better health, you have a chance to win great prizes.
Dates to remember:
- March 2 - registration opens
- March 30 - Challenge begins
- May 10 - Challenge ends
- May 13 - All minutes submitted
Track and record your minutes of physical activity - at least 30 minutes a day or 210 minutes a week. Minutes can be reported daily, weekly or all at the end of the challenge.
Who can take part?
Anyone! Any age or fitness level can participate in Minutes in Motion. Participate as an individual, create a community team with family and friends or join co-workers as a worksite wellness challenge. Teachers can also register their students and participate as a classroom. All classroom students K-5 who register will receive a free calendar to keep track of their "Minutes in Motion" and will be eligible for a special classroom prize drawing.
Why should I join?
Minutes in Motion is a fun way to get moving this spring. Improve your health and your attitude by moving your body.
- If you have not been active lately, start with as little as 5-10 minutes three times a day and add a few more minutes each week.
- If you are getting 30 minutes of activity already, challenge yourself by trying something new. Add strength training or a new class to your routine. Share what you know with others and help them be successful.
- Do something you enjoy! Play with your kids, work in your garden, ride a bike, walk your dog, try a fitness class. As long as you are moving your body, you are adding to your "Minutes in Motion!"