Minutes in Motion 2020
Free six-week community physical activity challenge. Besides the payoff of better health, you have a chance to win great prizes.
- $500 Grand prize sponsored by Ho-Chunk Nation
- For every 1,000 people who register, there will be a drawing for a $50 gift card - register early for more chances to win!
- First $50 gift card winner - Bernadette Nagy
- $50 prize drawing each week during the challenge for meeting the goal of 210 minutes
- Team captain prizes
- National Walking Day prizes
- Corporate challenge prizes
- Classroom prizes
*Prizes are reported as taxable income.
Dates to remember:
- March 30 - Challenge begins
- May 10 - Challenge ends
- May 13 - All minutes submitted
Track and record your minutes of physical activity - at least 30 minutes a day or 210 minutes a week. Minutes can be reported daily, weekly or all at the end of the challenge.
New this year!
Corporate Challenge: Participating businesses will compete for the top minutes logged. Standings will be posted throughout the challenge on Facebook and Link it. Top three businesses will be awarded a special prize. Categories are as follows:
- Small business team (less than 25 team members)
- Medium business team (25-75 team members)
- Large business team (75 or more members)
National Walking Day: April 1 is National Walking Day. Take a picture of yourself walking and tag us on social media using the hashtag #MIMWalkingDay for a chance to win a one night stay and dinner for two at The Charmant Hotel in La Crosse! (Must be 21 or older to win)
Who can take part?
Anyone! Any age or fitness level can participate in Minutes in Motion. Participate as an individual, create a community team with family and friends or join co-workers as a worksite wellness challenge. Teachers can also register their students and participate as a classroom. All classroom students K-5 who register will receive a free calendar to keep track of their "Minutes in Motion" and will be eligible for a special classroom prize drawing.
Why should I join?
Minutes in Motion is a fun way to get moving this spring. Improve your health and your attitude by moving your body.
- If you have not been active lately, start with as little as 5-10 minutes three times a day and add a few more minutes each week.
- If you are getting 30 minutes of activity already, challenge yourself by trying something new. Add strength training or a new class to your routine. Share what you know with others and help them be successful.
- Do something you enjoy! Play with your kids, work in your garden, ride a bike, walk your dog, try a fitness class. As long as you are moving your body, you are adding to your "Minutes in Motion!"
Like our Facebook page- Gundersen Minutes in Motion