La Crosse, WI 54601
Posted 10 months 1 week ago
Love + medicine is who we are, it's what we do, it's why people want to work here. If you’re looking for a job to love, apply today.
Scheduled Weekly Hours:42
Full-time Paramedic position with Gundersen Tri-State Ambulance
- High school diploma or general education degree
- Completion of a qualified NREMT Paramedic program with the ability to be licensed in Wisconsin and Minnesota
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to meet deadlines and handle multiple tasks; exceptional organization skills and the ability to delegate tasks, as appropriate.
- Provide excellent customer service to people both inside and outside the organization.
- Good working knowledge of all policies and procedures including local, state, and federal guidelines.
- Experience with technology, including Microsoft Office and patient charting programs.
- Must maintain current and valid Driver’s License.
- Must maintain current certification as a Certified Emergency Vehicle Operator (CEVO), or its equivalent.
- Must maintain current and valid Wisconsin, Minnesota and NREMT NRP certification.
- ICS 100, 200, 700 completion
- Must maintain current and valid CPR (Health Care Provider) certification, or its equivalent.
- Must maintain current and valid ACLS certification.
- Must maintain current and valid PALS certification.
Physical Requirements/Demands of the Position
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions
- While performing the essential duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; use hands to lift, feel for objects, grasp objects, tools and controls; reach with hands and arms; stoop, kneel, crouch, bend, twist, turn or climb and balance
- The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 200 pounds and frequently lift and/or move more than 200 pounds up or down stairs
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distant vision, peripheral vision, color vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus
- Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of, and compliance with, all Tri-State Ambulance policies and procedures.
- Demonstrate the attitude of a health care professional to include, but not be limited to: maintaining a clean appearance; demonstrating courteous, professional and ethical behavior; and demonstrating the ability to work cooperatively with other members of the EMS health care system.
- Demonstrate the skills and knowledge of a Nationally Registered Paramedic per the standards set forth by the United States Department of Transportation, National Highway Traffic Safety Administration, the State of Wisconsin, and the EMS medical director.
- Demonstrate a sincere desire to continually improve and upgrade the skills and knowledge of the emergency medical profession.
- Demonstrate the ability to render competent patient care within the guidelines of Tri-State Ambulance.
- Demonstrate the skills and knowledge required to inspect, safely operate, and maintain an emergency vehicle, including possession of a current and valid driver's license, and demonstrate knowledge and compliance with all State laws pertaining to the safe operation of an emergency vehicle.
- Demonstrate the skills and knowledge required to inspect, safely operate, and maintain all equipment and tools relevant to a Paramedic.
- Demonstrate the ability to work with other members of the medical and public safety communities.
- Demonstrate the ability to accurately and completely document information required by Tri-State Ambulance, the State of Wisconsin, and local medical control.
- Demonstrate physical ability to perform all tasks required in the performance of duties as a Paramedic
- Demonstrate the ability to clean and maintain the cleanliness of Tri-State Ambulance property, including, but not limited to, its vehicles, equipment, buildings and surrounding area(s).
- Perform additional tasks as assigned by Tri-State Ambulance Operations Supervisors and management.
If you need assistance with any portion of the application or have questions about the position, please contact the recruiter listed below:
Primary Recruiter:Sandi Weber
Recruiter Email Address:[email protected]
Equal Opportunity Employer