To help Gundersen assist you with your healthcare insurance, here are some things that you can do when you receive services in Gundersen hospitals and clinics:
- Bring your insurance card with you to every visit. This will help the registration process go smoothly.
- Expect us to verify all of your information such as address, phone number, birthdate and Social Security Number on each visit.
- If the claim is a Worker's Compensation claim, share that information at registration so we can obtain correct information for submission of the claim.
- Make sure your primary care provider information is correctly listed with your insurance company.
- Respond quickly to any requests from your insurance company. This will allow your insurance company to process your claim timely and accurately.
- Call your insurance company's customer service line if you have any questions about payment for services.
Uninsured or unsure?
If you do not have health insurance or if you anticipate difficulty in paying your bill, please understand that you can ask for help with your bill at any time.
Gundersen will help guide you through the process, with:
- Payment programs that help ease the burden of your bill.
- Programs which could reduce your bill, based on your eligibility.
- Patient financial services staff, available to discuss your account—in person or over the phone.
The health insurance Marketplace may also offer helpful options.