Pear-pecan cheese ball recipe
Makes 24 servings
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 ¼ c. shredded extra-sharp cheddar cheese
- 1 medium firm ripe pear, finely chopped
- 1 scallion, white and green separated, finely chopped
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground pepper
- ⅓ c. finely chopped toasted pecans
Use a hand-mixer or a spoon to stir together the cream cheese, cheddar, pear, white part of scallion, and salt and pepper.
Coat a large piece of plastic wrap with cooking spray and scoop mixture onto it. Use the wrap to help you form the ball.
Refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
Just before serving, combine the pecans and green part of scallion in a shallow dish. Unwrap the top of the cheese ball and roll it in the toppings. Use a spatula to remove the ball from the plastic wrap and transfer onto your serving dish.
Serve with your favorite party crackers, or an array of raw veggies.
Nutrition analysis per serving: 65 calories, 6 grams fat, 2 grams carbohydrate, 2 grams protein, 0 grams fiber, 126 mg sodium