If you're looking for a place to work where superior healthcare changes lives and communities, consider Gundersen Health System, the leading provider of primary and specialized care in western Wisconsin, southeast Minnesota and northeast Iowa. Search for jobs, find careers, and change your life.
Why join our team?
Our physician-led system includes hospitals, an inpatient behavioral health center, medical clinics, eye care centers and nursing homes throughout a 19-county area.
Many of our specialists provide outreach services throughout the regional system, in person and via telemedicine. Specialists are also able to quickly consult with colleagues system-wide, share medical records and tests, and together provide a level of care that repeatedly distinguishes us as among the top healthcare organizations in the country.
By the numbers
- Top 1 percent in the nation—Healthgrades®
- More than 700 doctors, dentists and associate clinicians
- Four affiliate critical access hospitals
- 19-county service area with Medical Home clinic locations
- More than 1,600 nurses
- Level II Trauma Center
- 30-bed Inpatient Behavioral Health center
- 125 years in local communities
What sets us apart
We value integrity, excellence, respect and innovation in our employees. We believe that great patient care comes from employees who are valued, trusted, respected, empowered and happy in their careers.
We will enhance the health and well-being of our communities while enriching every life we touch, including patients, families, and staff.
We distinguish ourselves through excellence in patient care, education, research and through improved health in the communities we serve.
- Integrity - Perform with honesty, responsibility and transparency.
- Excellence - Achieve excellence in all aspects of delivering healthcare.
- Respect - Treat patients, families, and coworkers with dignity.
- Innovation - Embrace change and new ideas.
- Compassion - Provide compassionate care to patients and families.
Personal and professional benefits
Staff is welcomed to a safe environment where personal health and professional growth and advancement are encouraged; and organization-wide efforts to improve employees' skills and wellness are ongoing. Our comprehensive benefits are another way we show staff they are valued.
Equal Opportunity Employer Policy
Gundersen is expressly committed to promoting and maintaining nondiscrimination in all aspects of recruitment and employment of individuals at all levels throughout the organization. This applies to any status protected by State and Federal Law. Read our full commitment to nondiscrimination in English, Hmong or Español. Gundersen is a founding member of the Greater La Crosse Area Diversity Council and a member of our organization actively serves on the council.