Quick and simple no-bake peanut butter oatmeal cookies
by Hannah Robaczewski, RDN, CD, Registered Dietitian, Gundersen St. Joseph's Hospital and Clinics and Aeriana Culpitt, M.S., CCC-SLP, Speech Language Pathologist, Gundersen Moundview Hospital and Clinics
Looking for a simple, cheap, and versatile cookie recipe? Try these simple, no-bake peanut butter oatmeal cookies! These store nicely in the refrigerator for a yummy spring snack. Enjoy!
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter
- ½ cup maple syrup
- 2 cups quick cooking oats
- Optional: For oatmeal raisin cookies: ½ cup raisins and 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- Optional: For chocolate chip cookies: ½-1 cup mini chocolate chips
What to do
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or tin foil.
- In a large microwave-safe bowl, add peanut butter and maple syrup. Stir or whisk together until well mixed.
- Heat the mixture for 20-30 seconds; take out and stir. Continue heating and stirring until the mixture is thoroughly mixed, warm, and fragrant (approx.. 1-3 rounds). Add more peanut butter or maple syrup if the mixture is too crumbly.
- Add oats to the mixture. (Optional: Add in the chocolate chips or the cinnamon and raisins.) Stir and fold until thoroughly combined.
- Using a spoon or cookie scoop, scoop and drop balls of cookie dough onto your prepared baking sheet, evenly spaced apart.
- If desired, use a fork to flatten the cookies.
- Chill in the freezer for 15-20 minutes until firm.
- Store in refrigerator for freshness.