Non-Surgical Weight Loss Procedure
ORBERA™ Intragastric Balloon
ORBERA combines a clinically tested and proven medical device, with your own customized plan and support team, to effectively manage weight loss. The comprehensive, two-part program starts with a soft balloon placed in your stomach for six months to encourage portion control. A team of support experts will then help guide you through a diet and exercise program. These support experts will help you adopt new national habits and establish a reasonable exercise routine that will be essential to your long-term success.
The ORBERA Advantage
Most weight is lost in the first three months, but because the gastric balloon stays in for six months, you will learn the right amount of food to eat to maintain your new weight. At six months, the balloon is removed and your support team will continue to guide you toward making healthy lifestyle choices.
How ORBERA works
- Less invasive, non-surgical option for patients with a body mass index (BMI) of 30 to 40
- A soft, durable silicone balloon is placed in the stomach and filled with saline to about the size of a grapefruit and left in for six months to reinforce proper portion control.
- Learn healthy habits to help you keep the weight off even after the balloon is removed.
- Clinical trial showed an average weight loss 3.1 times greater in six months than with diet and exercise alone.
Is ORBERA right for me?
While ORBERA does not require surgery, any medical procedure requires careful thought and consideration. To qualify for ORBERA:
- Be an adult
- Body mass index (BMI) of 30-40. Calculate your BMI
- Be willing to participate in a medically supervised program