Pregnancy & Birth
To keep mothers and their families informed, access our pregnancy journey videos where you can find information on prenatal care, our video tour of labor and delivery, and postpartum resources. Browse our e-books and app where many of your questions will be answered. You can also take advantage of our virtual classes that are now available.
At Gundersen Health System, we deliver more babies than any other hospital in western Wisconsin, so you get highly experienced staff caring for you and your growing family.
From the moment you learn that you're pregnant, our team will work with you to ensure the best possible health for you and your baby.
All of our providers and staff have completed training and certification to become the Coulee Region's only Baby Friendly Hospital. Their knowledge of infant feeding and mother-baby bonding will give your baby the best possible start in life.
We welcome you to take a tour so you know what to expect throughout your stay.
We offer a full range of prenatal and obstetrical services, including:
- Your choice of obstetrician, certified nurse midwife or family doctor
- Regular prenatal care, including ultrasound
- Optional water birth for low-risk pregnancies
- Prenatal classes
- Vaginal birth after cesarean (VBAC), with success rate of 94 percent (for women who were medically eligible to attempt VBAC and wanted one)
- Breastfeeding support from certified lactation consultants
- Free online pregnancy e-books and app
Specialty services available, if needed, for your peace of mind, include:
La Crosse, Onalaska and Winona Obstetrics is a department of Gundersen Lutheran Medical Center.