Movin' and Improvin'
Gundersen's Movin' and Improvin' is an ideal exercise program that's safe and effective if you have medical concerns such as:
- High blood pressure
- High cholesterol
- Cardiovascular disease
- Sedentary lifestyle
The one-hour sessions emphasize aerobic endurance, strength training, flexibility and making healthy lifestyle changes. Equipment available for you to use include:
- Stationary bicycles
- Upper body ergometers
- Rowing machines
- NuStep recumbent trainers
- Strength and stability equipment
This program is supervised by Gundersen exercise physiologists who will instruct you in the use of the equipment and monitor your blood pressures, heart rates, workloads and progress, as needed.
Movin' and Improvin' is available at the Healthy Living Center. Sign up for the days and time that work best for you.
Healthy Living Center, a Gundersen Health System and La Crosse Area Family YMCA partnership
Open Gym concept
- Mondays and Wednesdays from 2–5 p.m.
- Tuesdays and Thursdays from 7–11 a.m.
- One session = one hour
- $40 per month (unlimited sessions during open gym)
- Discounted rates for Gundersen Health System employees
- Advance payment incentives are available
- Sign up for Movin' and Improvin' at the Healthy Living Center and earn a free three-month trial adult membership to the YMCA if you're new to the program ($129 value)
There is no limit on duration for your Movin' and Improvin' enrollment—the goal is to help you find the best fit whether that's short-term or long-term enrollment in Movin' and Improvin' and/or becoming a regular YMCA member.
There is no limit on duration for your Movin' and Improvin' program enrollment—the goal is to help you find the best fit whether that's short-term or long-term enrollment in Movin' and Improvin', or becoming a regular Y member.
To sign up for Movin' and Improvin', call Gundersen Exercise Physiology at (608) 775-2955.