Foot and Ankle Surgery
Once it has been determined that surgery is the best option to treat your foot or ankle pain, our podiatrists will guide you, every step of the way. Their goal is to get you back to the activities you enjoy most.
Foot and ankle surgery is performed at multiple Gundersen locations in Wisconsin, Iowa and Minnesota.
You may be a good candidate for foot or ankle surgery if:
- You have suffered an injury.
- Conservative treatment options, such as pain medication, physical therapy or wearing a brace, have not provided relief.
- You have a chronic disease such as osteoarthritis, rheumatoid arthritis or post-traumatic arthritis from a previous surgery and/or injury.
Why choose Gundersen for foot or ankle surgery?
If you seek long-term pain relief and improved mobility, you have come to the right place. Here's why:
- Our podiatrists have completed an accredited residency program and are either board-certified or board-eligible.
- We are one of the only medical centers in the region to offer total ankle replacement surgery.
- Several of our podiatrists have pursued additional training (fellowship) and have advanced hands-on experience in:
- Diabetic wound and limb preservation
- Foot and ankle trauma
- Foot and ankle reconstructive surgery
- Sports podiatry
- Total ankle replacement surgery
Surgeries we offer
Gundersen podiatrists perform a variety of surgeries to repair injuries, correct birth defects and address simple wear and tear of the bones, joints, tendons and ligaments of the foot and ankle.
Many surgeries can be performed arthroscopically (via small incisions) to reduce pain, blood loss and recovery time. Other surgeries are more complex, such as total ankle replacement surgery.
The type of surgery that is right for you will depend on:
- The severity of your injury, deformity or arthritis
- Your age
- Your activity level
- Your future goals
Considering foot or ankle surgery?
Foot and ankle surgery shouldn't come with surprises. Your Podiatry team will provide more information about what you can expect before, during and after surgery at your appointments.
Want to learn more or schedule an appointment? Contact us.