Call 911 or go to the nearest Emergency department
24 hours a day, 7 days a week
$324 per visit or more before insurance
When your illness or injury is serious or life threatening, call 911 or your local emergency number, or go to Gundersen Emergency Services in La Crosse, Boscobel, Friendship, Hillsboro, Whitehall, West Union or the nearest emergency department. La Crosse provides the region's highest level trauma care.
What kind of emergencies are treated at Gundersen?
- Chest pain or heart attack
- Numbness or weakness on one side or stroke symptoms
- Shortness of breath
- Broken bones
- Loss of consciousness or head injuries
- Severe headache – sudden onset
- Suicidal thoughts, attempts or any mental health concerns
- Severe cuts
- Alcohol or drug intoxication or overdose
- Severe abdominal pain
- Pregnancy-related problems (bleeding or abdominal pain)
Emergency Services in La Crosse and Gundersen Onalaska Clinic; Urgent Care are departments of Gundersen Lutheran Medical Center so hospital co-pays may apply.