Orthodontists are specially trained dentists who focus on the development, prevention and correction of misaligned teeth, bite and jaws. Gundersen orthodontists specialize in treating children, but adults can also benefit from orthodontic care.
Why choose orthodontic treatment?
Any orthodontic problem may be classified as a malocclusion, or "bad bite." The following problems may be helped or minimized with proper orthodontic treatment:
- Misaligned, crooked, or crowded teeth
- Missing teeth
- Extra teeth
- An overbite or underbite
- Misaligned or incorrect jaw position
- A disorder of the jaw joint
What are the benefits of orthodontic treatment?
- Orthodontic treatment can help patients with: Improved eating habits and the ability to chew better
- Healthier temporomandibular (jaw) joints
- Improved facial cosmetics
- Improvements in sleep apnea
- Preventing wear and tear on your teeth from a misaligned bite