Healthy employees are essential to your business. Gundersen Business Health Services and our network of more than 700 providers have the expertise and resources to make sure your employees get the occupational health care and business support they need, close to home. Our Occupational Health specialists are experts at preventing and treating work-related injuries, conducting evaluations like DOT physicals, drug and alcohol testing, OSHA screening and surveillance and more.
Our Business Health team can coordinate a wide range of services that help you keep your employees healthy and on the job.
Drug and Alcohol Testing
We provide drug and alcohol testing programs that meet the needs of any business. Our team has the certifications to comply with Department of Transportation (DOT) drug and alcohol testing requirements and the flexibility to assist non-DOT regulated companies with drug and alcohol testing for pre-employment and for random drug testing.
- Validity testing for samples
- Rapid result drug screening
- Breath alcohol testing provided by certified technicians
- Electronic result reporting
- Policy and regulatory support and administrative materials
- Random selection program administration
- Year-end summary reports
- EAP and SAP support for positive results
Business Health programs are designed to keep employers informed of the safety and health topics and regulations that impact their employees. These programs are offered on a regular basis and some can be designed to meet the specific needs of an individual employer:
- DOT Drug & Alcohol Supervisor Training: This training is mandatory for supervisors of employees who have a Commercial Driver's License.
- OSHA Voluntary Compliance for General Industry: Introduction to the OSHA standards that govern general industry.
- Reasonable Suspicion in the Workplace: Program addresses the significance of drug and alcohol issues in the workplace.
The following programs can be scheduled at the worksite through the EAP:
- Crisis Management of Workplace Trauma: Response to community or natural disaster; serious injury or death of a coworker; workplace violence; suicide or homicide; major organizational changes.
- Harassment in the Workplace: Discussion and scenarios on harassment based on, but not limited to: relationships; gender; race; religion; age; sexual orientation; national origin.
- Management Skills Training: Addressed competencies critical to developing effective managers and supervisors at your worksite.
Employee Assistance Program
When your employees are struggling with personal or work-related issues, the cost to their health and your business can be high. Gundersen Health System's Employee Assistance Program (EAP) can provide your employees with the skills needed to understand and cope with problems or situations before they develop into more serious concerns. To schedule an appointment or get more information about Gundersen's EAP program, call (608) 775-4431 or e-mail email@example.com.
Our services can be adjusted to meet your particular needs. They include:
- Confidential assessments and referrals
- Debriefing services
- Employee orientation sessions
- Impact reporting
- Manager and supervisor consultation and training
- Organizational training
- Policy and procedure development
- 24/7 availability
Executive Care Program
Our Advanced Rehab team can assist you in reducing your Workers' Compensation costs through education and training, job analysis and effective rehabilitation. Hundreds of businesses in our area have benefited from our wide range of services, including:
- Ergonomic assessments, evaluating worker-workstation fit, minimizing the risk of cumulative trauma injuries
- Fitness-for-duty evaluations to ensure new hires can perform the physical demands of jobs offered
- Job-specific evaluations span two days and are based on job simulation circuits which better assesses a patient's endurance as compared to a simple fit-for-duty screening
- Functional capacity evaluations and pre-work screenings
- Functional restoration—a goal-oriented treatment program designed to improve strength, endurance and flexibility
- Supervised gym
- Work hardening using structured, individualized treatment
- Working with injured employees on the job to maximize their potential for productivity
Prescription Safety Eyewear
Gundersen can offer you state-of-the-art safety eyewear. All products exceed the ANSI Z87.1 requirements for eyewear in the workplace, ensuring compliance with your liability insurance carrier and OSHA.
Each prescription order is processed in a full service laboratory, utilizing the latest in manufacturing equipment and technology. The staff at Gundersen Eye Clinics is trained in measuring, ordering, verifying and dispensing your industrial eyewear.
Pricing and special discounts
Your employees can qualify for wholesale pricing on lenses and frames. Additionally, your employees and their family members are eligible to receive a discount on eyewear purchased at Gundersen Eye Clinics and participating affiliate vision centers.
Substance Abuse Professional (SAP)
Our Employee Assistance Program offers qualified Substance Abuse Professional (SAP) services with a combined total of over 30 years of experience in the delivery of substance abuse services.
The Department of Transportation (DOT) requires companies to refer any positive drug or alcohol test to a qualified SAP who will provide a comprehensive face-to-face assessment and clinical evaluation. Ultimately, the SAP determines whether your employee needs assistance to resolve drug or alcohol use problems and recommends a course of treatment.
With DOT requirements and potential liabilities surrounding substance abuse, it is a sound business decision to share your DOT responsibilities with a qualified SAP.
We can bring wellness to you. Worksite biometric screenings and health fairs at your business featuring our network of experts cover a wide range of health-related topics and overall health and wellness.
Your employees can also benefit from our personal health assessments (PHA), designed to give an indication of overall health status, including lifestyle behaviors that may adversely affect their health in the future. Key areas of an individual's health status will be identified, both healthy and unhealthy in a confidential report. This report can help your employees evaluate current lifestyle, identify health risks and choose healthy directions through additional programs tailored to your employees' needs.
To schedule a health fair or forum, and to learn more about a PHA for your employees, call (608) 775-4431 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Workers' Compensation Case Management
We can help facilitate communication between you, your employee and care providers, evaluate options, and assist in coordinating the best, quality care in a cost-effective way.
If you have questions about an employee's status, contact our workers' compensation case manager at (608) 775-4366.
La Crosse and Onalaska Occupational Health Services is a department of Gundersen Lutheran Medical Center.