Healthy employees are essential to your business. Gundersen Business Health Services and our network of more than 700 providers have the expertise and resources to make sure your employees get the occupational health care and business support they need, close to home. Our Occupational Health specialists are experts at preventing and treating work-related injuries, conducting evaluations like DOT physicals, drug and alcohol testing, OSHA screening and surveillance and more.
Our Business Health team can coordinate a wide range of services that help you keep your employees healthy and on the job.
Services that are now available include:
- Breath Alcohol Tests (BAT)*
- DOT exams: New/Initial
- DOT Recertifications
- Fit Tests
- Lab Draws
- Pre-Employment Exams
- Pulmonary Function Tests (PFT)
- Respirator Exams
- TB Skin Tests
- Urine Drug Testing:
- Pre Employment
- Post Accident
- Return to Duty
- Follow Up
- Workers Compensation Injuries
- Workers Comp Rechecks (prefer to do as a virtual visit)
For Safety Eyewear the following Vision Clinics are open: Adams-Friendship, Black River Falls, Decorah, Hillsboro, Onalaska, Prairie Du Chien, Richland Center, Sparta, Tomah, Viroqua, Whitehall and Winona
Drug and Alcohol Testing
We provide drug and alcohol testing programs that meet the needs of any business. Our team has the certifications to comply with Department of Transportation (DOT) drug and alcohol testing requirements and the flexibility to assist non-DOT regulated companies with drug and alcohol testing for pre-employment and for random drug testing.
- Validity testing for samples
- Rapid result drug screening
- Breath alcohol testing provided by certified technicians
- Electronic result reporting
- Policy and regulatory support and administrative materials
- Random selection program administration
- Year-end summary reports
- EAP and SAP support for positive results
To inquire about or set up a contract, contact Business Health Services at firstname.lastname@example.org or (608) 775-8700. To schedule a drug and alcohol testing appointment, contact a Gundersen Clinic near you.
Business Health programs are designed to keep employers informed of the safety and health topics and regulations that impact their employees. These programs are offered on a regular basis and some can be designed to meet the specific needs of an individual employer:
- DOT Drug & Alcohol Supervisor Training: This training is mandatory for supervisors of employees who have a Commercial Driver's License.
- OSHA Voluntary Compliance for General Industry: Introduction to the OSHA standards that govern general industry.
- Reasonable Suspicion in the Workplace: Program addresses the significance of drug and alcohol issues in the workplace.
For questions or to register for a class, contact Business Health Services at email@example.com or (608) 775-8700.
We also offer presentations through the EAP on a variety of different mental health and workplace topics based on employee or management concerns, including:
- Crisis management of workplace trauma
- Harassment in the workplace:
- Management skills training
- Workplace behavior
- Improving communication and teamwork
- Conflict resolution
- Establishing healthy boundaries
- Dealing with change
- Compassion fatigue
- Managing chronic stress
- Information on alcohol and other drugs
If you are interested in bringing a presentation to your company, department, or workgroup, contact EAP at firstname.lastname@example.org or (608) 775-4780 for a management consult to discuss scheduling, topics, and any other concerns.
Employee Assistance Program
When your employees are struggling with personal or work-related issues, the cost to their health and your business can be high. Gundersen Health System's Employee Assistance Program (EAP) can provide your employees with the skills needed to understand and cope with problems or situations before they develop into more serious concerns.
Our services can be adjusted to meet your particular needs. They include:
- Confidential assessments and referrals
- Debriefing services
- Employee orientation sessions
- Impact reporting
- Manager and supervisor consultation and training
- Organizational training
- Policy and procedure development
- 24/7 availability
To inquire about or set up a contract with the EAP, contact Business Health Services at email@example.com or (608) 775-8700. To schedule an appointment with EAP, email firstname.lastname@example.org or (608) 775-4780.
Executive Care Program
The Executive Care Program is currently suspended for evaluation. We will resume taking Executive Care appointments in January, 2022. Until then, please call (608) 775-8700 and we will contact you when we are ready to resume scheduling for this program.
Our Advanced Rehab team can assist you in reducing your Workers' Compensation costs through education and training, job analysis and effective rehabilitation. Hundreds of businesses in our area have benefited from our wide range of services, including:
- Ergonomic assessments, evaluating worker-workstation fit, minimizing the risk of cumulative trauma injuries
- Fitness-for-duty evaluations to ensure new hires can perform the physical demands of jobs offered
- Job-specific evaluations span two days and are based on job simulation circuits which better assesses a patient's endurance as compared to a simple fit-for-duty screening
- Functional capacity evaluations and pre-work screenings
- Functional restoration—a goal-oriented treatment program designed to improve strength, endurance and flexibility
- Supervised gym
- Work hardening using structured, individualized treatment
- Working with injured employees on the job to maximize their potential for productivity
To inquire about or set up a contract, contact Business Health Services at email@example.com or (608) 775-8700. To schedule a rehab appointment, contact Advanced Rehab at (608) 775-4735.
We offer a variety of services for businesses through Occupational Health.
Prescription Safety Eyewear
Gundersen can offer you state-of-the-art safety eyewear. All products exceed the ANSI Z87.1 requirements for eyewear in the workplace, ensuring compliance with your liability insurance carrier and OSHA.
Each prescription order is processed in a full-service laboratory, utilizing the latest in manufacturing equipment and technology. The staff at Gundersen Eye Clinics is trained in measuring, ordering, verifying and dispensing your industrial eyewear.
Pricing and special discounts
Your employees can qualify for wholesale pricing on lenses and frames. Additionally, your employees and their family members are eligible to receive a discount on eyewear purchased at Gundersen Eye Clinics and participating affiliate vision centers.
To inquire about or set up a contract, contact Business Health Services at firstname.lastname@example.org or (608) 775-8700. To schedule a prescription safety eyewear appointment, contact your nearest Gundersen Eye Clinic.
Substance Abuse Professional (SAP)
Our Employee Assistance Program offers qualified Substance Abuse Professional (SAP) services with a combined total of over 30 years of experience in the delivery of substance abuse services.
The Department of Transportation (DOT) requires companies to refer any positive drug or alcohol test to a qualified SAP who will provide a comprehensive face-to-face assessment and clinical evaluation. Ultimately, the SAP determines whether your employee needs assistance to resolve drug or alcohol use problems and recommends a course of treatment.
With DOT requirements and potential liabilities surrounding substance abuse, it is a sound business decision to share your DOT responsibilities with a qualified SAP.
To inquire about or set up a contract, contact Business Health Services at email@example.com or (608) 775-8700. To schedule an appointment with a Substance Abuse Professional, contact EAP at firstname.lastname@example.org or (608) 775-4780.
We can bring wellness to you. Worksite biometric screenings and health fairs at your business featuring our network of experts cover a wide range of health-related topics and overall health and wellness.
Your employees can also benefit from our personal health assessments (PHA), designed to give an indication of overall health status, including lifestyle behaviors that may adversely affect their health in the future. Key areas of an individual's health status will be identified, both healthy and unhealthy in a confidential report. This report can help your employees evaluate current lifestyle, identify health risks and choose healthy directions through additional programs tailored to your employees' needs.
To schedule a health fair or forum, and to learn more about a PHA for your employees, contact Business Health Services at email@example.com or (608) 775-8700.
Workers' Compensation Case Management
We can help facilitate communication between you, your employee and care providers, evaluate options, and assist in coordinating the best, quality care in a cost-effective way.
If you have questions about an employee's status, contact our workers' compensation case manager at (608) 775-4366.
La Crosse, Onalaska and Winona Campus Occupational Health Services is a department of Gundersen Lutheran Medical Center.