Parents Raising Resilient Children
Gundersen Health System offers this FREE program to equip parents with effective strategies to raise healthy and resilient children.
This is a flexible program. Parents can start at any time in the program cycle and attend only the topics of interest but are encouraged to attend all eight classes. Registration is required for each class.
Classes are on Tuesdays from 6 to 7:30 p.m. Sessions are offered in the spring and fall.
A companion program, designed specifically for kids ages 3–10, will be held at the same time and location. Children will learn about friendship, emotions and problem solving through cooperative games, activities and craft projects each week.
- Understanding Your Child's Behavior (September 4 or October 30)
- Young Children's Exposure to Violence (September 11 or November 6)
- Understanding and Controlling Parents' Anger (September 18 or November 13)
- Understanding and Helping Angry Children (September 25 or November 20)
- Children and Electronic Media (October 2 or November 27)
- Discipline and Parenting Styles (October 9 or December 4)
- Discipline and Positive Behavior (October 16 or December 11)
- Overcoming Barriers to Change and Making Change Last (October 23 or December 18)
If you have any questions, contact the Parent Education Coordinator at (608) 775-4419 or email@example.com.