Telephone Nurse Advisor Services
Get the help you need
Have a medical question you would like answered? Not know what your symptoms mean? Speak to an experienced Telephone Nurse Advisor for help.
or (800) 858-1050
Gundersen Health System's free, confidential Telephone Nurse Advisors are there for you every step of the way, offering professional, caring service. Staffed by registered nurses, Gundersen's nurse advisors are available to answer your healthcare questions 24-hours a day, 365 days a year, no matter where you receive your primary healthcare.
If you have an urgent, but non-emergency medical situation and need professional advice, nurse advisors will talk with you about your symptoms and help you determine proper care for your illness or injury. They can also supply health and wellness information along with education on specific diseases.
Telephone Nurse Advisors can help with healthcare concerns such as:
- You have a sick daughter at home and don't know if she needs medical attention,
- You are feeling under the weather but want to know if your symptoms can be treated at home,
- Or if you have been diagnosed with a disease and want more information.
Services offered by a Telephone Nurse Advisor:
- Assess your symptoms
- Direct you to the right level of care
- Give you advice on treating your symptoms at home
- Help you determine where or if you need to be seen by a doctor
- Provide free and confidential information and education
- Share preventative measures
- Offer health and wellness information
- Provide translation services that are available for non-English speaking callers
- Offer TTY/TTD access for hearing impaired
During a medical emergency, call 911 or go directly to an emergency room as you need to get care as quickly as possible.
Call a Telephone Nurse Advisor any time you're in doubt about how you should handle an illness or injury, or when you're looking for health information on a specific topic.