How to access another medical record in MyChart
You can use MyChart to access the medical record of another family member (such as a spouse, partner, elderly parent or stepchild) or a close friend. This feature in MyChart is called "proxy" access.
To request proxy access to another account
You must complete a Gundersen Health System Proxy Authorization Form. Print, complete and sign the form. Then, you may either:
- Scan and email the form to: MyChart@gundersenhealth.org
- Mail the form to: Gundersen MyChart, 1900 South Ave., AVS-001, La Crosse, WI 54601
To grant someone else access to your medical record
Log into MyChart. In the search menu under Sharing and Family Access, click Share My Record. Follow the prompts and click "Invite Someone." Then complete the online form.
All verified accounts that you manage will be accessible from your own MyChart account, making it possible to monitor everyone's care anytime, anywhere.
You must have or set up a MyChart account to get proxy access to someone else's account. If you are not a patient at Gundersen Health System but would like proxy access to another account, please call (608) 775-0303 or email MyChart@gundersenhealth.org.
To access your child's medical record
As a parent, you can access your child's health record through MyChart until the child's 18th birthday.
To request access to your child's medical record, log in to MyChart. In the search menu under Sharing and Family Access, click "Manage Family Access." Then click "Request Access to a Minor's Record." Complete the online form and you're finished.
Through proxy access, you can:
- Communicate with your child's care team regarding non-urgent medical questions.
- Request or cancel appointments, and view details for past and future appointments.
- Begin an On-Demand Video Visit for urgent care, age 2 and up.
- See test results.
- Complete pre-visit tasks before your child's appointment using eCheck-In, so you have less to do when you arrive.
- Verify personal and insurance information
- Complete questionnaires, if needed
- Pay visit co-pays
- Let us know when you arrive in the waiting room on the day of your child's appointment using Self-Arrival.
- Pay your child's bills online.
- Get a cost estimate.
- Renew expired prescriptions by sending a request to your child's provider.
- Add your child's name to a wait list to be seen sooner.
- Review your child's health records, including notes, medications, allergies and immunizations.