What is MyCare? MyCare is a free and secure online patient portal that gives you access to portions of your medical records. It enables you to help manage and receive information about your health. With MyCare, you can:
- Schedule or cancel appointments
- Communicate with your provider regarding non-urgent questions or requests
- Schedule e-visits for non-urgent illnesses
- View test results and learn what they mean
- Read appointment notes and instructions from your provider
- Pay your bills and get cost estimates
- Request prescription refills at Gundersen Pharmacies
- Renew expired prescriptions by sending a request to your provider
- Add your name to a wait list to be seen sooner
- E-register to shorten appointment check-in time
- View allergies, medicines and immunizations
- Order contact lenses
Do all the above for children, family members or dependents who give their permission.
Is there a fee to use MyCare? MyCare is a free service offered to our patients.
How do I sign up? From your computer, tablet or mobile device:
- Click on Sign Up Now on mycare.gundersenhealth.org.
- Enter the activation code, if you have one. (If you've had a recent clinic visit, you'll find an activation code on the last page of your After Visit Summary (AVS). The AVS is the paper printout you get after your doctor visit. It lists your follow-up care, current medicines and future appointments.)
- If you do not have an activation code, click on Sign Up Now and follow the instructions.
After you submit the requested information, we will confirm your identity within our system. If the information you provide matches our records, you will gain instant access and can then complete the MyCare account setup steps. If the information you provide does not match our records, we will contact you.
Who do I contact if I have further questions? You may e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org, or you can call our MyCare Patient Support Line at (800) 362-9567 ext. 50303.
When can I see my test results in MyCare? Your test results are released to your MyCare account after your physician has reviewed them. This is generally within 1-14 days. Lab test results are released within 24 hours.
Why are certain test results not shared electronically via MyCare? Your provider determines which types of test results are accessed through MyCare. Further, tests of a very sensitive nature are not released to MyCare.
If some of my health information on MyCare is not correct, what should I do? Your MyCare information comes directly from your electronic medical record. To correct any inaccurate information please contact our Health Information Management medical records office at (608) 775-3199, send a customer service message through your MyCare account, or complete this Amendment form and scan and email it to MyCare@gundersenhealth.org, or send it to: Health Information Management, Gundersen Health System, 1900 South Ave., La Crosse, WI 54601. Your health information is reviewed and updated in your electronic medical record each visit.
If I send a message to my doctor or nurse, when can I expect a reply? You will generally receive an answer within 1-3 business days. Please note that MyCare should not be used for urgent situations. Please contact your medical center if the situation requires immediate attention or dial 9-1-1 if it is an emergency.
For my family
Can I view a family member's health record in MyCare? Yes, you can. This is called Proxy access and allows a parent (or guardian) to log into their personal MyCare account, and then connect to information regarding their family member. Complete a Proxy Consent Form and return it to one of our medical facilities to request access to this convenient service.
Can I ask questions regarding a family member from my MyCare account? MyCare offers direct access to your personal health record and communicating about another individual's information would be placed in your health record. This information would not appear in the correct health record and could potentially jeopardize medical care.
Can my spouse and I share one MyCare account? No, due to the sensitive nature of medical information, each adult must sign and submit a Release of Information request and establish their own MyCare account.
I forgot my password. What should I do? Click the "Forgot password" link on the sign-in page to reset your password online. You may also contact our MyCare Patient Support Line at (800) 362-9567 ext. 50303 to request a new, secure password.
Why didn't I get an email letting me know that I have new information in MyCare?
- Search all messages in your email inbox.
- Sometimes emails can get lost in your inbox.
- Check your spam and other email filters.
- It's possible your email service provider mistakenly sent our messages
- to your spam or junk folder. To avoid this: Remove Gundersen Health System messages from your spam list and add email@example.com to your personal email address book.
- If you have other filters or routing rules in your email account that may have sorted Gundersen Health System emails elsewhere, be sure to check those, too.
- Check for issues with your email service provider.
- If undelivered emails continue to be an issue, check with your email service provider to see if there are configuration issues or problems with their network that might be affecting your account.
Where can I update my personal information (e.g., home address, email or change my password)? Log into MyCare and from the left menu, go to the Preferences section and select the appropriate option.
How is MyCare secure? We take great care to ensure your health information is kept private and secure. Access to information is controlled through secure activation codes, personal IDs, and passwords. Each person controls their password, and the account cannot be accessed without that password. Further, MyCare uses the latest 128-bit SSL encryption technology with no caching to automatically encrypt your session with MyCare. Unlike conventional email, all MyCare messaging is done while you are securely logged on to our website.
I was logged out of MyCare, what happened? We aim to protect your privacy and security of your information. While logged into MyCare, if your keyboard remains idle for 15 minutes or more, you will be automatically logged out of MyCare. We recommend that you log out of your MyCare session if you need to leave your computer for even a short period of time.
What do I need to use MyCare? You need a computer, tablet or mobile device connected to the Internet and an up-to-date browser (Internet Explorer 11, Internet Explorer Edge, Firefox, Chrome or Safari). Older Internet Explorer browsers are not supported.
My activation code does not work, what should I do? For your security, your activation code expires after 30 days and is no longer valid after the first time you use it. If you still have problems, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or you can call our MyCare Patient Support Line at (800) 362-9567 ext. 50303.
Is my activation code my user ID? No, your activation code is not your MyCare ID or password. You will use this code only once to log into MyCare for the first time. (The code will expire after you have used it or after 30 days). When you log into MyCare the first time, you will then be asked to create your own unique MyCare ID and password.