How to use MyCare
MyCare is a free and secure online patient portal that allows you to manage your family's healthcare—anytime, anywhere.
- Schedule or cancel appointments
- Communicate with your provider regarding non-urgent questions or requests
- Schedule e-visits for non-urgent illnesses
- View test results and learn what they mean
- Read appointment notes and instructions from your provider
- Pay your bills and get cost estimates
- Request prescription refills at Gundersen Pharmacies
- Renew expired prescriptions by sending a request to your provider
- Add your name to a wait list to be seen sooner
- E-register to shorten appointment check-in time
- View allergies, medicines and immunizations
- Order contact lenses
Do all the above for children, family members or dependents who give their permission.
Please note: Gundersen MyCare must be accessed via Internet Explorer 11, Internet Explorer Edge, Firefox, Chrome or Safari. Older Internet Explorer browsers are not supported.
Sign up is easy!
From your computer, tablet or mobile device:
- Click on Sign Up Now on mycare.gundersenhealth.org.
- Enter the activation code, if you have one. (If you've had a recent clinic visit, you'll find an activation code on the last page of your After Visit Summary).
- If you do not have an activation code, click on Sign Up Online and follow the instructions.
After you submit the requested information, we will confirm your identity within our system. If the information you provide matches our records, you will gain instant access and can then complete the MyCare account set-up steps. If the information you provide does not match our records, we will contact you.
Downloading the app
Once you've registered for MyCare, you can download the Android or iPhone app for your phone or tablet to keep your MyCare account at your fingertips.
Follow these steps:
- Search Google Play™ or the App Store for Epic MyChart
- Select Epic MyChart
- Select your state (Wisconsin, Iowa or Minnesota)
- Scroll and select Gundersen Health System as your healthcare provider.
- Log in with your MyCare username and password.