Gundersen Palmer Home Health
What is Home Health?
Home Health is a simple phrase that encompasses a wide range of health and social services, delivered at home where you and your family members are likely the most comfortable. We care for people who are recovering, who have disabilities or who are chronically or terminally ill. We provide medical, nursing, social, or therapeutic treatment and we can help with the essential activities of daily living.
Generally, home care is appropriate whenever someone prefers to stay at home but needs ongoing care that cannot easily or effectively be provided solely by family and friends. More and more older people, electing to live independent, non-institutionalized lives, are receiving home care services as their physical capabilities diminish. Younger adults who are disabled or recuperating from acute illness are choosing home care whenever possible. Chronically ill infants and children are receiving sophisticated medical treatment in their loving and secure home environments. Adults and children diagnosed with terminal illness also are being cared for at home, receiving compassionate care and maintaining dignity at the end of life. As hospital stays decrease, increasing numbers of patients need highly skilled services when they return home. Other patients are able to avoid institutionalization altogether, receiving safe and effective care in the comfort of their own homes.
Why choose Gundersen Palmer Home Health?
Making the choice of your personal home care provider has become an important issue that many of us have encountered. In an industry of medical services and products, Gundersen Palmer Home Health believes hometown service is the deciding factor in making the right choice. Our staff strives to ensure the service you receive is complete and adheres to an ethical set of standards provided by our accreditations, certifications and licenses.
Our offices in West Union and Oelwein, can help you with all your home health, home medical supplies and hospice needs. One simple call can connect you with the resources to live a healthier and happier life in the comfort of your own home.
Gundersen Palmer Home Health is a non-profit, Medicare-certified, home health agency.
- A physician oversees the medical plan of care.
- Registered nurses deliver personalized nursing services according to the physician's plan of care, routinely visit the patient and regularly communicate with the physician.
- Home care aides provide a variety of personal care and homemaking services.
- Social workers assist the patient and family in coping with the emotional and financial stresses of illness and coordinate access to community services.
- Also available as referral and consultant services are: physical, occupational, speech and respiratory therapists; registered dieticians; lab testing; and pharmacy consultations.
We have registered nurses who provide:
- Medication administration and teaching
- Intravenous and TPN therapy
- Wound care
- Enteral feeding
- Prenatal & postpartum care
- Telemonitoring of vital signs, weight and blood sugar readings
- Much more
Home care aides provide:
- Essential shopping
- Meal preparation
- Respite care
We have speakers available and welcome the opportunity to share information regarding our home health services. Call (800) 335-0711 for more information.
A department of Gundersen Palmer Lutheran Hospital and Clinics.