COVID-19 vaccine update for the week of March 8
Gundersen is rescheduling appointments for patients who previously had first-dose vaccine appointments cancelled.
A community-based vaccination clinic at UW-La Crosse opens Tuesday, March 9, while eligible Monroe County residents can now schedule a vaccine appointment Wednesday in Sparta or Thursday in Tomah.
Gundersen Critical Access Hospitals have appointment openings for eligible patients through MyChart.
Despite continued low vaccine supply (14% of what is requested), Gundersen Health System has provided more than 23,000 first-dose vaccinations and more than 13,000 second-dose vaccinations across our system.
Vaccine priorities by group
- Cancelled appointments
- 65+ patients (about 35,000 patients remain)
- Once we get through the majority of 65+ patients, we will vaccinate other eligible patients as defined by state public health officials in Wisconsin, Minnesota and Iowa.
It will take time for us to work through these groups, based on current vaccine supply and the number of eligible patients. There are now more community and regional vaccine options for those eligible. Gundersen encourages everyone eligible to take any opportunity to get the vaccine as soon as they are able.
- Gundersen vaccine appointments are available only to patients who have received an appointment invitation through MyChart, letter or telephone call.
- Visit gundersenhealth.org/vaccine for helpful information, including state resources for vaccine questions and connections to vaccination sites.
- Everyone who enters a Gundersen location must wear a mask and be screened for COVID-19 symptoms, including those who have received the COVID-19 vaccine.