Trick-or-treating safety tips
Gundersen Health System wants children, families and homeowners to celebrate Halloween safely if they choose to participate in trick-or-treating amid the COVID-19 pandemic.
For everyone's protection, trick-or-treaters and adults should:
- Wear a cloth mask. Get your child excited by finding one that matches his or her costume. Children under the age of 2 should not mask.
- Keep your distance from others when stopping at homes. Wait for the children in front of you to walk away from the door before your child approaches.
- Sanitizer your child's hands often.
- Pass out candy outside or set up a station where children can grab their own treats.
- Offer only individually wrapped treats.
- Wear a mask.
- Wash hands before and after handing out candy.