Nominations now accepted for Paula J. Tower Memorial Award
The Norma J. Vinger Center for Breast Care, supported by Gundersen Medical Foundation, is accepting nominations for the annual Paula J. Tower Memorial Award.
The award honors Paula Tower's legacy and recognizes the difference just one person can make. Paula was a mammography technologist who worked at Gundersen Health System for more than 16 years. In July 2004, she was diagnosed with breast cancer and her body surrendered to the disease in 2007.
Every year, the award is honors one individual in the Coulee Region who exemplifies the selfless giving of time and energy to advance the message of hope for a future without breast cancer.
This year may look different, but we still want to honor a well deserving member of our community for the tireless work, even through COVID-19, to support breast cancer patients and survivors and who keeps the mission of finding a cure alive.
Applications are due by Aug. 3. Email your application to Deb Frye at email@example.com, submit an application online or mail to the Paula J. Tower Memorial Award, Norma J. Vinger Center for Breast Care, Attn: Deb Frye, 1900 South Ave., EB1-002, La Crosse, WI 54601.
Criteria for the award:
- The nominee must reside in Iowa, Minnesota or Wisconsin.
- The nominee must have given his or her time and energy to help support local breast cancer programs or have made a significant influence in our community by dealing with breast cancer education, screening, treatment and/or support programs.
- Nominations will be accepted from the general public and should be typed or handwritten on a separate sheet of paper.
All nominations must include the following information:
- Your name, address and phone number
- Nominee's name, address and phone number
- Detailed description of how the nominee meets the selection criteria