New Gundersen Pharmacy launches app, offers free shipping
Gundersen Health System is making it easier for consumers to order and receive their prescriptions through a new mobile app.
On Monday, Nov. 16, the health system's vast network of clinic and community pharmacies collectively became Gundersen Pharmacy.
Through the Gundersen Pharmacy app, patients and those who do not receive care at Gundersen can:
- Transfer prescriptions from their current pharmacy to Gundersen Pharmacy
- Request prescription refills anytime, anywhere
- Seamlessly switch between Gundersen Pharmacy's 10 retail stores
- See a list of medications and dosage instructions
- Set pill reminders to stay on schedule
- Get reminders to refill prescriptions
- Be notified when prescriptions are ready for pick-up
"As part of Gundersen's focus on digital transformation of care, this mobile app not only makes managing medications safe and simple, but it allows us to communicate with consumers in the way they prefer," said Mike McKee, Gundersen Health System administrative vice president.
Gundersen Pharmacy offers six drive-thru locations, free home delivery (within La Crosse, La Crescent, Onalaska and Holmen city limits) and free shipping.
Gundersen Pharmacy locations are open to everyone regardless of which healthcare organization or provider they see. Patients need only mention their preferred Gundersen Pharmacy location to their healthcare provider the next time they need a prescription filled, or download the app via Google Play or the Apple Store. You can also connect from a computer.
For those without access to a smartphone or computer, Gundersen Pharmacy staff can set up text and/or phone call reminders.
For questions about transferring a prescription, visit gundersenhealth.org/pharmacy or call your preferred Gundersen Pharmacy location.