Gundersen offers safe, convenient new drive-up lab location
After a successful test-run on the La Crosse Campus, Gundersen Lab Services is ready to go with a new, more permanent drive-up location.
The new location at 1207 Mulberry Lane on La Crosse's North Side opens Wednesday, Oct. 21.
"We've had great feedback on our temporary La Crosse Campus location, which we launched in May. Patients can now get the same services in a much more convenient place that allows us to provide even better care and experience," said Cheryl Peters, clinical manager, Gundersen Lab Services.
Drive-up labs can be scheduled by calling (608) 775-0950 or through a referral by a patient's primary care provider.
What are the hours?
Monday – Friday: 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
Saturday and Sunday: 8 a.m. to noon
Common lab services available at the drive-up include:
- Routine blood draws
- Specimen drop-off by patient (not currently accepting outreach drop-offs; examples: nursing homes, Neighborhood Family Clinic)
- Limited home testing supply pick-up
- Fingerstick INR
*Patients should have an appointment for Lab Services.
Flu shots and more
Patients can receive flu shots and important tests, like strep, without an appointment.
*Flu shots are available Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
*If they're not a Gundersen patient, we'll ask for basic information, like name, date of birth and current address.
What's the process?
Patients pull up to one of six check-in spots, call a number posted on exterior signs, drive into the building as directed, and staff arrives at their vehicle for care.
- Patients should have someone drive them to their appointment, if possible. (If they drive alone, we'll ask them to wait 10 minutes before leaving.)
- No scooters, motorcycles or bikes are allowed.
Patients are asked to leave your pets at home for staff safety.
- Smoking is discouraged during drive-up visits.
- Be sure to confirm your lab order before coming to the drive-up location. If there are no lab orders in our system, labs cannot be drawn.