Program Eligibility & Requirements
To be considered for the program, you must apply through the Optometry Residency Matching System (ORMatch) and submit the following by the application required deadline:
- Letter of intent stating reasons for applying to the program
- Curriculum vitae or resume
- Official transcripts from all optometric education and other graduate schoolwork
- Scores from Parts I II, and III (if completed) of the National Board of Examiners in Optometry
- Letters of reference from three faculty or adjunct faculty members who are familiar with your clinical performance and your professional abilities and academic performance
To be considered for selection, all qualified applicants must be interviewed virtually by one of the residency directors, pertinent Ophthalmology/Optometry providers and administrative members. This group will rate each applicant in the areas of didactic/clinical experience, interpersonal skills, knowledge, patient management skills, integrity and motivation.
The selected resident will have a GPA of at least 2.50 out of a 4.00 and have passed all parts of National Board Exams by the start of their residency year.
Please contact us at OptomRes@gundersenhealth.org for questions regarding our residency programs. Please specify which program you are inquiring about: Optometry with Ocular Disease Focus, Optometry with emphasis on Neuro-Optometric Rehabilitation, or both.