EMPA fellowship curriculum
- 18-month program, in accordance with SEMPA guidelines.
- Fellows will work 40-50 hours per week while in the La Crosse, Wis., Emergency Services department
- 10 to 15 percent of time will be spent in one or two Gundersen-affiliated Critical Access Hospitals for a rural emergency department experience during the program
- Longitudinal trauma exposure with two shifts per month for the first 12 months (24 shifts total)
- Longitudinal anesthesia experience of one or two mornings per month in the OR for the first 12 months (12 to 24 shifts total)
- ATLS, ACLS, PALS, NRP certifications (if not already certified)
- Annual in-house emergency ultrasound course
- Opportunity for EMS elective with Chris Eberlein, MD, EMS Fellowship board certified emergency physician
Our fellowship program delivers top notch education and offers numerous benefits. Come be a part of our thriving community in La Crosse.
The Gundersen Emergency Medicine Physician Assistant Fellowship Program is designed with strict adherence to the guidelines set forth and published by the Society of Emergency Medicine Physician Assistants (SEMPA) and the American College of Emergency Physicians (ACEP). The program is developed in anticipation of accreditation by the ARC-PA body. Currently the Accreditation Review Commission on Education for the Physician Assistant (ARC-PA) group is evaluating how to best accredit post graduate PA programs and is not currently evaluating programs.