EMPA fellowship curriculum
- 18-month program, in accordance with SEMPA guidelines
- Fellows will work 40-50 hours per week while in the La Crosse, WI, Emergency Services department
- Monthly shifts in two Gundersen-affiliated Critical Access Hospitals for a rural emergency department experience during the program
- Trauma exposure
- Anesthesia, interventional radiology, EMS rotations
- Annual wilderness medicine exposure
- Annual in-house emergency ultrasound course
- ATLS, ACLS, PALS, NRP certifications (if not already certified)
Our fellowship program delivers top notch education and offers numerous benefits. Come be a part of our thriving community in La Crosse.
The Gundersen Emergency Medicine Physician Assistant Fellowship Program is designed with strict adherence to the guidelines set forth and published by the Society of Emergency Medicine Physician Assistants (SEMPA) and the American College of Emergency Physicians (ACEP). The program is developed in anticipation of accreditation by the ARC-PA body.