Published on July 21, 2020
"Empty Nesting" advice
Entering into the stage of "Empty Nesting" can be a new transition for most. Here are some healthy coping skills that can make this adjustment easier:
- Prepare yourself. Create a plan for your life after your child leaves the home.
- Rekindle your relationship with your spouse or partner, and rediscover each other at this new phase of life.
- Write a list of things you want to learn or do, adding other things as time progresses.
- Keep things simple and give yourself some time before making any big, life-altering changes.
- Talk with others who are going through the same stage of life.
- Get Healthy. Find balance with your life, exercise.
- Re-establish and make new friendships.
- Learn to "Let Go." Help your children become independent young adults.