8 tips for beautiful make-up
- Brighter eyes are in the bag — Bags under the eyes can make you look tired and timeworn. As in a painting, light colors make things appear forward and dark colors make objects recede. So, apply a lighter concealer to the crease and a darker shade to the "bag" or puffy area.
- The eyes have it — To highlight your eyes, first apply lighter colors on the inner half of your upper lid and just under your brow bone. Then sweep and blend in a darker shade(s) from the middle of the lid to the end of the brow.
- Raise a few eye brows — Lightly sweep a light pink or cream matte color across the length of your brow bone to give the appearance of a higher arch. Blend it in with other eye make-up.
- When it comes to lashes, use a light touch — The trick to clump-free lashes is to not overload the mascara wand. Wipe your mascara wand on a tissue before each application and apply multiple lighter coats.
- Give the creep the heave-ho — Oils in your skin can cause lower lash liner to "creep." To keep your liner (and mascara) in place, pat or bush powder immediately under the eye liner to "set" it.
- Less is more — When your blemish cover-up is thick and looks cakey, it's not fooling anyone. Instead use a thin makeup brush to lightly and precisely dab on concealer and then use the brush or your finger to feather the edges.
- Color outside the lines…but just a little — If you have thin lips, you can create the illusion of fuller lip by drawing on a lip liner slightly beyond your natural lip line.
- It may be time to let go — Old makeup is not good for your skin—this is especially true for anything applied around the eyes. Every few months, it should be out with the old and in with the new. It's also a great excuse to try a new shade of eye or lip color, or change foundation and powder shades to match your seasonal complexion.
Gundersen Plastic Surgery and Aesthetics carries professional-grade make-up from GloMinerals®—blush, concealer, eye shadow, powder and more—formulated with clinically advanced ingredients to deliver a flawless complexion. We also offer GrandeLASH mascara with exclusive peptide formula to promote longer and thicker lashes ($5 off in August).
All products are available at our online store or at Plastic Surgery and Aesthetics, Level 5, East Building, La Crosse Campus.