One major factor in feeling stressed is our perception that we've lost control. Some tips to try to maintain that control can be simple.
- Don't procrastinate - Tackle projects a little at a time so you won't feel overwhelmed later.
- Plan ahead - The more prepared you are, the less likely you will be caught off guard by something.
- Don't be afraid to say no - If someone needs help from you and you just don't feel that you have the time or energy to do it, it is ok to say no.
- Don't be afraid to ask for help - Others are generally willing to help out, you just need to ask.
- Live within your budget - Don't use credit cards for ordinary purchases and use a monthly budget to help stay on track.
- Build in extra time - Try to allow extra time to be able to do things and don't forget to allow yourself enough time to get to your next appointment.
- Remember to be grateful - If you are having a bad day, remember that somewhere, someone else is either going through a difficult situation as well or maybe something even worse.
- Work at simplifying your life - When you simplify and unclutter your life it makes everyday tasks much more manageable.
- Assess each situation that arises - If something is concerning, do what you can to handle it and then let it go. If it is something you have no control over, don't allow it to consume you. Why waste precious time and energy on something you cannot fix.
- Take care of yourself - Getting enough sleep, exercising regularly, and eating a healthy diet are important. When we take care of our physical body, our whole bodies are better able to handle stressors life throws at us.
How to teach your kids about gratitude
Gratitude is a big concept for kids to learn and an even bigger challenge for caregivers to teach. Our tips help your child understand.
Advice to keep your skin looking ageless
Start early with a consistent regimen and the effort will pay off in the long run. An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure.
Holiday gift guide: Top beauty products
Check names off your list—or treat yourself—with our skincare specialists' gift guide.
5 questions to ask before a cosmetic laser treatment
Before committing to a laser treatment—or any cosmetic service—there are some questions worth discussing with your skincare specialist.