- 1 1/2 cups uncooked rice
- 3 cups water
- 1 (15-ounce) can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 (15-ounce) can whole kernel corn, drained
- 2 zucchini, shredded
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- Juice of 1 lime
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro leaves
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
In a large saucepan of 3 cups water, cook rice according to package instructions; set aside.
Remove from heat and stir in black beans, corn, zucchini, butter, lime juice and cilantro. Cover and let stand 5 minutes.
Fluff rice with a fork; season with salt and pepper to taste.
Nutrition analysis: Calories 291, fat 1 g, carbohydrate 62 g, fiber 7 g, protein 10 g, sodium 432 mg
How to get more vitamin C
Do juice cleanses really work?
Fresh ideas for fruit
Fruit and yogurt parfaits