Makes 2 servings
- ½ lb. peeled and deveined precooked shrimp
- 1 bell pepper, cut into strips
- 1 small yellow squash cut into thin slices
- ½ of a large red onion, cut into thin strips
- 1 Tbsp. fajita seasoning
- 1 Tbsp. olive or canola oil
- 4, 8” whole grain tortillas
- 1 small lime
Preheat oven to 450 ⁰F.
In a large bowl combine peppers, squash, onions, olive oil and fajita mix and toss until fajita mix is evenly distributed.
Spread out the pepper mixture on the baking sheet and roast for 10-15 minutes or until the vegetable start to brown.
Stir the vegetables and add the precooked shrimp to the pan after the other vegetables have started to brown. Return the pan to the oven for 2-3 minutes to heat the shrimp.
Remove from the oven and squeeze lime juice over the vegetables and shrimp.
Serve with whole grain tortillas and your favorite fajita toppings.
Nutrition analysis per serving: 470 calories, 17 g fat, 29 g protein, 51 g carbohydrate, 9 g fiber, 850 mg sodium
Do juice cleanses really work?
How to get more vitamin C
Fresh ideas for fruit
Fruit and yogurt parfaits