Makes 4 servings
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 1 lb mild Italian turkey sausage
- 2-3 cloves garlic, minced
- ¾ cup low-sodium chicken broth
- 1 (14.5 ounce) can petite diced tomatoes, no salt added
- ½ cup heavy cream
- 9 ounces tortellini (fresh or frozen)
- 2 cups fresh baby spinach, loosely packed
Heat olive oil in a 12-inch skillet over medium heat. When the oil is very hot, add the onions. Add turkey sausage to the pan and cook until sausage is browned. Reduce heat to low, add garlic and stir until fragrant, about 30 seconds.
Add broth, tomatoes, cream, and tortellini to the skillet. Stir to combine. Increase heat and bring to a boil.
Cover, then reduce heat and simmer for 15 minutes until tortellini are tender. Add spinach, and stir until softened and wilted. Remove from heat and serve.
Nutrition analysis per serving: 504 calories, 30 grams fat, 32 grams carbohydrate, 28 grams protein, 5 grams dietary fiber, 986 mg sodium
How to get more vitamin C
Do juice cleanses really work?
Fresh ideas for fruit
Fruit and yogurt parfaits