Chicken apple toss recipe
Makes 3 servings
- 3 (3-4 oz.) skinless, boneless chicken breast
- ⅓ cup tomatillo, peeled and chopped
- 1 cup granny smith apple, chopped and unpeeled
- ½ cup small red onion, chopped
- 4 Tbsp. canola or olive oil
Add two tablespoons of oil to a 10-inch skillet. Place three chicken breasts in the heated skillet, cover and cook over medium heat until inside of breast is white (no pink color remaining) and meat is lightly browned. Set aside.
In a six-inch skillet add remaining oil and tomatillo, apple and onion. Sautée for three minutes, remove from heat and combine with cooked chicken.
Toss all ingredients together on high heat for three minutes to combine flavors. Serve with pasta or brown rice.
Nutrition analysis per serving: 350 calories, 21 g fat, 26 g protein, 5 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 55 mg sodium