Makes about 9 cups
- 1 Tbsp. butter
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1 Tbsp. finely chopped ginger root
- 1 (15 oz) can pure pumpkin puree
- 2 cups unsweetened applesauce
- 1 (14.5 oz) can low-fat chicken broth
- 2 Tbsp. honey
- 1 tsp. apple cider vinegar
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 1 small dried chili pepper
- ⅛ tsp. ground nutmeg
- salt and ground white pepper, to taste*
- ½ cup fat-free half and half
In a large heavy saucepan, melt butter then sauté onion and ginger until onion is tender, about 4 minutes. Add remaining ingredients except half and half; simmer about 15 minutes until flavors are blended. Stir in cream just before serving.
*additional salt and pepper not included in analysis
Per 1-cup serving: 110 calories, 2 g fat, 3 g protein, 21 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 270 mg sodium
Is dark chocolate good for you?
Dark chocolate contains many healthy nutrients like iron, magnesium, potassium, zinc and more, making it a bittersweet treat to enjoy in moderation.
Chocolate cherry baked oatmeal recipe
Makes 6 servings Ingredients 2 cups old fashioned oats 1 tsp. baking powder ¼ cup light brown sugar 2 Tbsp. cocoa powder ¼ tsp. salt 2 cups fresh or frozen
How to get more vitamin C
Vitamin C is an essential nutrient, meaning your body doesn’t produce enough and needs adequate amounts through the food you eat.
Do juice cleanses really work?
It's true that you’re likely to lose weight on a juice cleanse, but this is simply because you’re consuming fewer calories.