Makes about 9 cups
- 1 Tbsp. butter
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1 Tbsp. finely chopped ginger root
- 1 (15 oz) can pure pumpkin puree
- 2 cups unsweetened applesauce
- 1 (14.5 oz) can low-fat chicken broth
- 2 Tbsp. honey
- 1 tsp. apple cider vinegar
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 1 small dried chili pepper
- ⅛ tsp. ground nutmeg
- salt and ground white pepper, to taste*
- ½ cup fat-free half and half
In a large heavy saucepan, melt butter then sauté onion and ginger until onion is tender, about 4 minutes. Add remaining ingredients except half and half; simmer about 15 minutes until flavors are blended. Stir in cream just before serving.
*additional salt and pepper not included in analysis
Per 1-cup serving: 110 calories, 2 g fat, 3 g protein, 21 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 270 mg sodium
Is dark chocolate good for you?
Dark chocolate contains many healthy nutrients like iron, magnesium, potassium, zinc and more, making it a bittersweet treat to enjoy in moderation.
Chocolate cherry baked oatmeal recipe
Makes 6 servings Ingredients 2 cups old fashioned oats 1 tsp. baking powder ¼ cup light brown sugar 2 Tbsp. cocoa powder ¼ tsp. salt 2 cups fresh or frozen
Do juice cleanses really work?
It's true that you’re likely to lose weight on a juice cleanse, but this is simply because you’re consuming fewer calories.
How to get more vitamin C
Vitamin C is an essential nutrient, meaning your body doesn’t produce enough and needs adequate amounts through the food you eat.