Baked bruschetta recipe
Makes 8 servings
- 8 slices crusty Italian bread or medium loaf of artisan bread
- 2 cups fresh cherry or grape tomatoes, halved
- 1 large (or 2 small) garlic clove, minced
- 2 tsp. olive oil, plus more for brushing and drizzling
- 1 tsp. balsamic vinegar
- 8 oz. fresh mozzarella, sliced thin
- ¼ cup packed basil leaves, chopped
- Salt and freshly cracked pepper, to taste
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
Slice bread into thin (about ½-inch) slices and place on a baking sheet lined with tin foil. Brush the tops of each slice generously with olive oil. Bake for 10 minutes and remove from oven. Maintain oven temperature.
Meanwhile, in a medium bowl, toss tomatoes, garlic, olive oil, balsamic vinegar, and basil together until evenly coated. Add the salt and pepper to taste.
Once bread slices are warmed, top each with sliced mozzarella and spoon the tomato mixture evenly on top of each slice. Return bread to the oven for six to eight minutes to warm and soften tomatoes and mozzarella.
Remove from oven and serve warm.
Nutritional Analysis: 220 calories, 9g fat, 10g protein, 27g carbohydrates, 1g fiber, 260 mg of sodium