Gundersen Health System offers this FREE program to equip parents with effective strategies to raise healthy and resilient children.
This is a flexible program. Parents can start at any time in the program cycle and attend only the topics of interest but are encouraged to attend all eight classes. Registration is required for each class.
Classes are on Tuesdays from 6 to 7:30 p.m. Sessions are offered in the spring, summer and fall.
A companion program, designed specifically for kids ages 3–10, will be held at the same time and location. Children will learn about friendship, emotions and problem solving through cooperative games, activities and craft projects each week.
- Understanding Your Child's Behavior (Jan. 28, March 24)
- Young Children's Exposure to Violence (Feb. 4, March 31)
- Understanding and Controlling Parents' Anger (Feb. 11, April 7)
- Understanding and Helping Angry Children (Feb. 18, April 14)
- Children and Electronic Media (Feb. 25, April 21)
- Discipline and Parenting Styles (March 3, April 28)
- Discipline and Positive Behaviors (March 10, May 5)
- Overcoming Barriers to Change and Making Change Last (March 17, May 12)
Gundersen Onalaska Clinic, Education Center, lower level
3111 Gundersen Drive
Onalaska, WI 54650