This is a 4-day compliance course.
This compliance course is designed to present detailed information about how the provisions of the Occupational Safety and Health Act (OSHAct) may/must be implemented in the workplace, not only to achieve OSHA compliance, but to achieve profitability and survivability in today's cost-conscious environment. We will introduce attendees to the OSHA standards that govern General Industry, explain how to read and use the Code of Federal Regulations (CFRs), and provide an overview of compliance programs and procedures that are required for the workplace. Topics covered are intended for all private sector personnel, and those public sector employers who utilize Federal OSHA standards as directed by state requirements.
During this extensive course, in-depth workshops will assist you in applying learned skills, increasing familiarity with using the CFR book, advancing your knowledge of OSHA regulations. OSHA's most frequently cited serious violations will be covered as well as mandated training requirements, and safety policies and procedures. A workshop hazard perception challenge activity will engage active learning techniques.
- Introduction to OSHA
- Managing Safety and Health
- Walking and Working Surfaces, including fall protection
- Exit Routes, Emergency Action Plans, Fire Prevention Plans, and Fire Protection
- Personal Protective Equipment (PPE)
- Materials Handling
- Hazard Communication
- Hazardous Materials (Flammable and Combustible Liquids, Spray Finishing, Compressed Gases, Dipping and Coating Operations)
- Permit-Required Confined Spaces
- Lockout / Tagout
- Machine Guarding
- Welding, Cutting, and Brazing
- Fall Protection
- Safety and Health Programs
- Powered Industrial Vehicles