This workshop is a part of an ongoing series that will cover various areas of the body. This Fall 2019 session will provide insight for students interested in the field of athletic training about the various job settings available. Participants will also learn basic anatomy of the knee and ankle, current rehabilitation practices, and proper technique for elastic bandages and tape application. Understanding these topics and enhancing their skills will be beneficial for the participant's future interests.
Who Should Attend?
Any student curious about becoming an athletic trainer and is eager to learn the basic skills needed.
- To introduce participants to the field of athletic training
- To understand basic anatomy of the knee and ankle
- To identify proper rehabilitation techniques focused on treating knee and ankle injuries
- To demonstrate proper elastic bandage and tape application for the knee and ankle
Workshop Breakout Sessions:
All sessions will be interactive, engaging, and hands-on learning.
- Introduction to athletic training
- Basic terminology overview
- Basic anatomy overview
- Rehabilitation techniques
- Taping techniques
Note: Participants should wear athletic attire to participate fully in each session. Please do not wear jeans or tight-fitting clothing.
Questions: For any questions or concerns about this program, please contact Renee Monti at firstname.lastname@example.org or Lynsey Hansen at email@example.com.