56th Annual Dental Seminar
Pediatric Dentistry: Clinical Pearls and Treatment Updates for the Dental Team
Friday, Oct. 18, 2019
Gundersen Health System
1900 South Avenue
La Crosse, Wis.
Intended Audience and Purpose: This program is designed for dentists, dental hygienists, dental assistants, residents, and other office staff who desire a clinical update in a lecture format.
Accreditation: Gundersen Lutheran Medical Foundation Inc. is accredited by the Wisconsin Medical Society to provide continuing medical education for physicians. Gundersen Lutheran Medical Foundation Inc. designates this live educational activity for a maximum of 5.5 AMA Category 1 Credits™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
Certificates: Certificates will be emailed to attendees within four weeks of completion of the conference.
||Friday, Oct. 18, 2019
|8 to 8:30 a.m.
||Registration and Breakfast
|8:30 to 11:30 a.m.
||Pediatric Dentistry: Clinical Pearls and Treatment Updates for the Dental Team-Part I
Richard Baylon, DDS, Pediatric Dentistry Center of Minnesota
|11:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m.
||Lunch and Vendors
|12:30 to 2:30 p.m.
||Pediatric Dentistry: Clinical Pearls and Treatment Updates for the Dental Team-Part II
Richard Baylon, DDS, Pediatric Dentistry of Minnesota
|2:30 to 3 p.m.
||Question and Answer
- Summarize intervention options for management of early childhood caries through a review of Interim Therapeutic Restorations (ITR), Silver Modified Atraumatic Restorative Technique (SMART), Silver Diamine Fluoride (SDF), Resin-modified Glass Ionomer (RMGI), and Glass Ionomer (GI) cement
- Identify the indications and treatment techniques for pulpotomy and pulpectomy in the primary dentition
- Outline the technique for full coronal coverage of primary teeth: Stainless Steel Crown, Zirconia Crowns, Composite Crowns
- Review management of dental trauma to the primary and permanent dentition including fracture, luxation, avulsion, reimplantation and pulp exposure
- Review age appropriate orthodontic treatment and arch space management
- Identify treatment of ectopic emergence and anterior/posterior crossbite
Cancellation Policy: Cancellations must be requested via email or phone prior to Oct. 11, 2019. A refund minus a $25 administration fee will be issued. No refunds will be made after Oct. 11, 2019.
If the 56th Annual Dental Seminar is postponed or cancelled due to unforeseen circumstances, a full refund of registration fees will be provided. Gundersen Medical Foundation Inc. will not be responsible for any related travel costs to the conference.
ADA: In accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act, Gundersen Medical Foundation Inc. seeks to make this conference accessible to all. If you have a disability requiring special accommodations, please email CME@gundersenhealth.org or call (608) 775-6909.
Contact Information: If you have questions, need additional information or have special dietary needs, please email CME@gundersenhealth.org or call (608) 775-6909.
56th Annual Dental Seminar: The planning committee has no affiliation/financial relationships to disclose.