Reduce your screen time this summer
Spending too much time on screens can have negative health impacts.
Spending too much time on screens can have negative health impacts. According to CDC.gov, kids should get at least 60 minutes of physical activity each day. The time kids spend watching TV, playing video games, surfing the web, is time they could be physically active. (CDC, 2018)
Here are ways to reduce your screen time:
- Turn off notifications from social media apps
- Stay off cell phone close to your bed time
- Turn down cell phone brightness or blue light, both of which (when turned on) may cause you to be restless
- Try a phone application that helps you track and reduce your screen time
- Try these family fun summer activities with your kids that will turn screen time into active time
Learn more how you can reduce your child's screen time with advice from Jeff Reiland, Behavioral Health therapist.